Thursday, August 18, 2016

The best show you're not watching: The Bletchley Circle 1.1

I've become obsessed with The Bletchley Circle. The fact that it was cancelled after 7 episodes is a travesty. It's the first show I've seen with a woman who is a capable mathematician, and here are four hunting down serial killers in post-war London. The luscious costumes don't hurt either.


I would absolutely buy that a 15-year-old hand-knit this cardigan. Well done to the costume designer.


God, this is a bleak time. Let's fast-forward to the fifties.


I am obsessed with this woman's hair. Doesn't she look just like a cameo pin?




I think this sweater is fantastic. The neckline seems super high for Millie.


We're in for a lot of twee little collars from Lucy. I wonder if that changes in season two.


I love the scalloped lapels on Millie's coat. The outerwear on this show is generally enviable.


I have no idea what is happening with this fabric, but it's the best thing ever.



I do wonder why they're all wearing coats inside. Coal rationing, maybe?

2 comments:

  1. I've just finished watching this, I can't believe how fantastic it is, yet it was cancelled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the way with U.K. shows, two seasons and done. Hopefully we'll see something similar soon.

      Delete